Eligibility for Counselling
Our service is available to people in the Hastings and Rother areas who are 16 years of age and over and who are either on benefits or a low income. As a charity, we are reliant upon client contributions and this will be discussed and agreed at your assessment.
If you are not on benefits or living within a low income, we would ask you to make a contribution that reflects this. We can also offer a small number of sessions at a full fee of £35 per session to those able to afford it, which in turn helps to top-up our welfare fund for others to access.
How to access the service
- Speak to your GP, who will be able to refer you to the service if they feel it is appropriate for you.
- We also accept referrals by other local support agencies.
- Anyone aged 16 years + in Hastings and Rother can refer themselves if they are on benefits or low incomes.
- People who can afford private counselling can be given a list of local counsellors.
- Clients who have been raped or sexually assaulted can be referred by the police or SARC (The Sexual Assault Referral Centre) and have a limited number of sessions paid for by SARC.